This is a great “meat” loaf recipe from one of the Engine 2 Pilot Study participants, Lynn Jocelyn.
Lynn brought this to the Engine 2 pot-luck awards banquet and it disappeared before everyone could
get a bite. This meatloaf is wonderful the next day pan-fried on whole-grain bread with mustard, pickles, and
2 stalks celery, chopped
½ onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
10 ounces firm tofu, drained
¼ cup walnuts, finely ground
1 1/2 cups cooked brown lentils
1 ¼ cups quick-cooking oats (I use rolled oats)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350
2. Spray loaf pan (or use non-stick silicone bake-ware)
3. Sauté celery, onion and garlic on high heat in skillet with a little water or low sodium vegetable broth
for 5 minutes until tender.
4. Remove from heat and cool.
5. Mash tofu in large bowl.
6. Stir in cooked mixture and remaining ingredients, and combine well.
7. Spoon mixture into loaf pan. Top with a layer of ketchup.
8. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.