Here’s a great side for grilled meats and fish.
Cooking Light JULY 2012
• Yield: Serves 6 (serving size: 3/4 cup)
• Hands-on:40 Minutes
• Total:40 Minutes
• 2 ears shucked corn
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
• 4 green onions
• 1 avocado, peeled, halved, and pitted
• 1 large red bell pepper
• 1 large poblano chile
• Cooking spray
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
1. Preheat grill to high heat.
2. Brush corn with 2 teaspoons oil. Place green onions, avocado, bell pepper, poblano, and corn on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill onions 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Grill avocado 2 minutes on each side or until well marked. Grill bell pepper 6 minutes on each side or until blackened; peel. Grill poblano 9 minutes on each side or until blackened; peel. Grill corn 12 minutes or until beginning to brown on all sides, turning occasionally.
3. Cut kernels from ears of corn; place in a large bowl. Chop onion, bell pepper, and poblano; add to bowl. Add remaining 4 teaspoons oil, cilantro, juice, cumin, salt, black pepper, and beans to bowl; toss well. Cut avocado into thin slices; place on top of salad.